Thank goodness I discovered ZOODLES! You see, I suffer from mild gluten intolerance which makes life a bit uncomfortable if I eat certain breads and most pastas. As a result, I have avoided pasta for a long time – which sucks because I love it!
Then, sometime in the past year, I purchased a spiralizer! BEST thing I’ve bought for my kitchen in ages!
The beauty of the spiralizer is that I can now FULLY enjoy “pasta” meals without compromising the meal for others at the dinner table. I just make ZOODLES instead of traditional pasta for my portion of the meal.
What Are Zoodles?
Zoodles are zucchini noodles! You make them by putting a zucchini through the spiralizer to create strings of zucchini.
Zoodles are an excellent way to add extra veggies to any meal. It’s also an easy way to remove carb-heavy pastas from your meal plan by substituting with zucchini noodles.
What is a Spiralizer?
THIS (image below) is a spiralizer. I picked this one up at Winners/HomeSense for about $15. I wanted to try it out before spending a chunk of cash on a KitchenAid or CuisinArt spiralizer. This cheapie one has served me very well!
How to Make Zoodles
- Wash your zucchini – always wash your vegetables before eating!
- Cut the ends off your zucchini and cut it in half if it’s too long to fit into the spiralizer at full length.
- Turn the handle and VOILA! You have Zoodles!
- Add coconut oil to a skillet on low-medium heat.
- Add zucchini noodles and sauté, gently stirring until soft (about 3 minutes)
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Use as the base for your favourite sauce, or mix through the sauce right before serving
If you’re following the 21 Day Fix Eating Plan, a 1-cup serving equals 1 green container.
Post your comments or questions below.