Thanks to my gluten sensitivity, I’m always looking for gluten-free breakfast sweet treats. I have a HUGE sweet tooth, and it usually kicks in first thing in the morning. I could probably safely say that I have a mouthful of sweet teeth in the morning. Most days I can fend it off with my daily Shakeology superfood shake (it kills my cravings dead!), but sometimes I just need to satisfy it with some good ol’ pancakes!
I’ve been trying some different recipes and last Saturday this one was a hit, both with me and my future hubby.
Shakeology Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- I have yet to try it with other Shakeology flavours and will report back when I do. You better believe I’ll be trying Vegan Chocolate Shakeology pancakes! Mmm!
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Grease your griddle with coconut oil
- Pour pancake batter onto the griddle
- Cook and flip pancakes when ready
- Serve! Add a bit of maple syrup or your favorite fruit topping.
(We used frozen blackberries that I picked in our backyard last summer.)
Don’t have Shakeology? Find it in my Health Shop.