I LOVE pancakes! But gluten is a problem for me, so I tried this flourless banana pancake recipe and am LOVING them – and they’re high in protein, from the eggs, too!
They are super easy to make with only 3 ingredients, and they have a serving of protein and fruit to help you get your day started right!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-8 minutes
If you’re following the 21 Day Fix eating plan, each 1 serving contains
- 1 red
- 1 purple
- 1½ large bananas, ripe to overripe (200g; 7 oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Serve with maple syrup, butter, or your choice of fruit
- In a mixing bowl, crack in the eggs and add in baking powder. And whisk to combine.
- In another bowl add in 1½ large bananas. Lightly mash with a potato masher or a fork, but not too much. There should be chunks of bananas to make fluffy pancakes. Use only ripe bananas – the riper the better.
- Pour wet mixture into mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- In a frying pan, cook mini pancakes over a medium low heat.
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of batter is enough for each mini pancake.
- When the baking powder is activated, flip it over and cook for about one minute more. Serve immediately when hot with maple syrup and your choice of fruit.